As far as I am concerned there is no better and faster way of getting fit as doing push ups.
Let's quote some of the many benefits of performing good old fashioned push ups.
1. your chest
2. hands, forearms, biceps, triceps
3. shoulders, traps, upper back, lower back
6. hamstrings, quads, calf, feet
7. your heart muscle gets stronger and your mind get more 'clear', too
But I need to mention so much more:
- you can perform them anywhere, anytime
- you don't need any technical equipment
- it cost you nothing for gym membership or anything else
- you can make them alone, with no hassle around
- regular performing gives you almost perfect lean and very healthy look
You can call push ups a core-strengthening exercise. They largely improve your balance by strengthening and shaping up most important muscle groups in your body - the core.
I believe push-ups are the most effective exercise for improving total body fitness. They include cardiovascular training, weight/body lifting and muscle stretching all in one exercise.
Enough talking. Now drop down and give me twenty.
Labels: benefits of push ups